Justifying your Participation in AMCP Nexus
What are the primary benefits of participating in AMCP Nexus? Can my employer expect a return on the cost of my attendance? How do I go about seeking support from my supervisor? The AMCP Justification Toolkit can help you answer these important questions and more. This resource provides essential facts and tips to help you obtain your supervisor’s approval and get the most out of your conference experience.
This toolkit will step you through calculating the cost of participation in the conference, asking your supervisor for support, and customize the toolkit to fit your organization’s needs and expectations, and you’re on your way to Orlando!
Inside the Justification Toolkit below
- Letter to Your Supervisor
- Follow Up: Document Your Conference Participation
Each attendee has different objectives in mind when registering for an event like AMCP Nexus. Examine this list of possibilities and decide which best supports your organization’s mission and sharpens your competitive edge.
- Awareness – gain valuable professional knowledge on the latest innovations and hot button clinical, governmental and business issues facing our profession
- Education –learn from thought leaders, experts and peers on the latest findings in managed care pharmacy, best practices to integrate into your own work, and the latest regulatory and legislative activities
- Business – tap your professional connections, old and new, for new business leads and competitive intelligence
- Networking – grow your professional relationships with managed care colleagues and decision makers ‒ take the pulse of what’s happening in the field
- Volunteer – give back to AMCP and your profession by volunteering at the meeting, another great way to meet other attendees and build your professional network
For help calculating expenses visit the registration information page.
For best rates, become an AMCP member and register before the “early bird” deadline, October 1, 2018. You can join or renew though the online registration process.
Housing information can be found here (link to housing info).
Letter to your Supervisor
Dear < Supervisor’s Name >,
I would like to attend AMCP Nexus: Preparing for the Next Generation of Care, October 22-25, 2018 in Orlando.
AMCP Nexus is an essential resource of professional education and networking. It’s expected to draw more than 2,500 attendees and will offer continuing education sessions in a wide range of health care topics, including value-based contracting, management of specialty pharmaceuticals, and the latest changes in legislation and regulatory matters.
Professionally, I stand to benefit greatly from attending sessions that focus on <list benefits to your responsibilities>. And after reviewing the educational content of this conference, I have identified topics that will allow me to gain important knowledge and skills relative to our mission here at <name of your organization>.
AMCP Nexus is a rare opportunity for managed care pharmacists, physicians, nurses, health plan administrators, and other managed care professionals to learn together about new developments and practices in our field. This learning comes at a crucial time as we work to implement challenging health care reforms and find ways of providing more services with fewer resources. In addition, this conference is attended by leaders in managed care pharmacy from across the country and the networking opportunities are invaluable.
The conference also features the Exchange, where companies, consulting firms and other vendors representing the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and specialty industry will display information on their latest products and services. This is an invaluable opportunity to network and foster important relationships face-to-face. In addition, the Exchange features a prestigious poster presentation, with top scientists in our field displaying their latest research.
For these reasons and more, I am seeking approval for the registration fee and travel expenses to the conference.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I’m confident that you’ll agree that this opportunity to develop professionally and gain knowledge will directly help <name of organization> and makes my attendance at AMCP Nexus 2018 a wise investment.
< Your name here >
Follow-Up: Document the Value of your AMCP Nexus Participation
Be sure to follow-up with your supervisor by reporting on your conference experience. The following checklist presents suggestions for follow-up with your supervisor after the conference, to document the value of participation in AMCP Nexus.
- Review and identify the educational and other programs that are applicable and most valuable for your organization.
- Attend those specific sessions first before attending others.
- Write a short description of sessions attended that are not identified as “most valuable” and identify any application for the business.
- Document any AMCP leadership involvement, e.g. committee meetings, and identify/support/evaluate poster presentations.
- Document any client interactions, both formal and informal.
- Document any competitive intelligence.
- Write a summary following the conference and submit it to your supervisor.